Who, What, When, Where & How?
WHO do you send emails to?
- Customers who have already purchased a product or service from you
- Customers who visited your website and filled out a form
- Customers who were brought to a landing page from other marketing or advertising and marketing campaigns and filled out a form. Such campaigns include:
- paid search
- direct mail
- television commercials
- radio spots
- print advertising
WHAT type of email do you send?
- Personalized Message
- Compelling Subject line – not containing SPAM trigger words like, Free, Act Now, 50% off, etc.
- MarketingProfs.com has a list of over 100 words you should not use.
- An Unsubscribe Link must be included
- A Forward to a Friend Link, that can help add new members to your database
WHEN is the best time to send your emails?
- First thing in the morning around 8 AM: usually people get to work and have a chance to read their emails at this time
- Around noon, another time people have a break and tend to check their emails
- Around 4 PM, as people are wrapping up their work day or for receipt as they arrive home from work and check their email.
WHERE do you send your emails from?
- Does the provider comply with CAN-SPAM laws?
- Are they reputable?
- Can you upload your own HTML emails?
- How extensive is the reporting and does it cover the metrics that you need?
- Does it allow you to set-up trigger based emails if you need them?
- Will your emails be sent using a unique IP or shared IP?
- How do they handle SPAM complaints if it is using a shared IP? You don’t want someone else’s SPAM complaints getting you penalized because you are both using the same shared IP.
- If you use a CRM, is the email management tool compatible or better yet, fully integratible? For instance Salesforce CRM is fully Integrated with many e-mail manager tools including BridgeMail (the email management platform we use at Bayshore Solutions).
- What is the cost associated with email sends, is there a contract and does it fit your budget?
HOW do you measure email campaign success?
- Hard and Soft Bounces
- Open Rate
- Click-Through Rate
- What links within an email a consumer clicked on
- Initial Contact with a new prospect
- Up-sell and Cross-sell opportunities
- Customer Feedback campaigns
- Shopping cart abandonment programs
- Customer Revival programs
- and more
- What are the factors that will trigger emails?
- Who get’s a trigger email?
- How often should one person get a trigger email?
- What are the trigger emails supposed to accomplish?
- What special offers will be included in the trigger emails?
- Which Email Management Tool will be used to distribute the trigger-based emails?
- Which CRM tool will be used to track actions?
- Which Analytics Tool will be used to track the website traffic?
- Integrate all tools for complete trackability
- Design and develop the email’s HTML design and content
- Upload Trigger Campaigns to you Email Management System
- Launch Campaign
- Update Specials and Email Designs as often as you’d like
Bayshore Solutions manages successful e-mail marketing strategies for our clients. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you achieve significant measurable results with your e-mail and online marketing.