Picking the right content management system (CMS) ranks at the top of the list of important decisions for a business website. Many will turn to a website development company for help in this complicated area.
While it’s important to check out each CMS for features such as ease of use and customization, some platforms stand out among others.
The following three CMS platforms often are mentioned whenever experts from a web development company consider the options – including those who work at Bayshore Solutions. They can prove successful for your business, too. At the very least, you will want to add them to your list of top CMS platforms to consider.
If you talk to experts at a web development company, many will say they favor Sitefinity. The powerful CMS platform is designed for both developers and business users. Some of the pros with Sitefinity include the ability to:
- Manage multiple sites
- Create content personalization
- Make your site mobile-friendly
- Support the latest Microsoft ASP.NET MVC techniques
- Customize with third-party platforms
- Easily create and manage templates
- Very user-friendly
Those are some of the reasons Sitefinity ranks at or near the top of many rankings of the best CMS platforms.
WordPress has become popular because its basic version is free. However, to get the performance needed for a web-based business, better options will likely be needed. However, for those wishing to quickly create a small-scale site, WordPress offers:
- Low cost, which is especially good for small businesses or nonprofit organizations
- Ease of use – no developer skills are needed to install WordPress
- An open source system, so it’s easy to modify and distribute coding
Most experts in the web development field consider WordPress a great starting point for those who want to create a site for a smaller business. For medium to large businesses, a more robust CMS platform is typically needed.
Kentico has quickly grown since its formation in 2004. The Kentico CMS promotes itself as an all-in-one solution for web content management, providing more solutions “out of the box.”
Those who use Kentico get the benefit of:
- An all-in-one solution for content management and e-commerce
- Other built-in features, such as email marketing and marketing automation
- An easy-to-use system
- Defined workflows that are easy to install and manage
Picking the right CMS is a big decision. But by starting your research with the platforms mentioned above, and choosing the right website development company like Bayshore Solutions, you can begin to quickly narrow down what you need for your new website.
Interested in learning more about our solutions? Call (866) 352-4791 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.