Denver, Colorado or Tampa, Florida
The Systems Engineer position is responsible for managing Bayshore Solutions systems infrastructure and working with project management and Business Development to define solutions. This includes managing websites, databases, firewalls, SAN and other hardware and software. The Engineer has an understanding of all areas of web hosting including presentation layer, data access, and database. The Engineer will collaborate with a cross functional team that includes Designers, Programmers, Marketer’s, and Project Managers to deliver solutions and provides project leadership for the estimation, architecture, development, issue resolution, and quality assurance.
- Translate functional requirements into technical design.
- Establish development architecture for the creation of a hosting solution or application.
- Develops implementations that adhere to Bayshore Solutions hosting standards.
- Tests hosting solutions prior to customer delivery and identifies potential issues within provided hosting solutions
- Delivers solutions that have minimal bugs and need limited corrective measures or warranty work. Troubleshoots and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Deliver complete solutions within agreed upon delivery schedules.
- Provide on-call support for production and development infrastructure issues according to Bayshore Solutions on call guidelines.
- Work with Business Development and Project Management to determine time estimates for the creation of custom hosting requirement items.
- Work in a team environment to ensure that technical solution is in sync with other elements of the project. Visualize solutions and communicate within delivery team. Identify opportunities to exceed client expectations within applicable project budget.
- Leads project post-mortems with their delivery team and other Information Technology staff. Provide mentorship for other Information Technology staff and cross functional team members. Serve as subject matter expert on Bayshore Solutions delivery methodology, products, and Intellectual Property library
- Meet billable time utilization expectations ensuring individual profitability goals. Demonstrates a positive “can do” attitude and promotes Bayshore Solutions team culture.
Education and/or Experience:
- Demonstrated experience deploying web site to IIS and Apache.
- Established skills in Enterprise MSSQL and MySQL databases.
- Established skills in designing and developing large scale MSSQL databases.
- 6-10 years’ experience in a web hosting environment.
- 6-10 years’ experience working in a team based environment.
- 4-6 years’ experience with VMWare and virtual machines.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Cisco Firewalls, switches, load balancers and wireless access points.
- 4-6 years’ experience with Windows and Linux Servers.
- 2-4 years of experience estimating hours necessary to deliver web based solutions based on functional specifications.
- 2-4 Years of experience mentoring/managing Engineers in a professional service environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.