Talent Management Leader
Twenty year old digital marketing agency is proactively interviewing for an experienced Talent Management Leader (TML) with current agency experience. Expected start to be Q2 2016.
Partnering with the executive team, this role is responsible for identifying, building, managing, monitoring and leading all essential aspects of talent recruitment, training, development, performance management and reward programs in support of the Bayshore Solutions team and company goals.
This is NOT a typical human resource role. This role is geared towards building and maintaining a positive work culture, building, implementing and measuring development plans/goals for our employees and leaders and holding each person accountable for their goals, performance management, reward programs and a high emphasis on recruiting and retaining. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate success in these areas, preferably with companies of 1-150 employees with current agency experience.
The TML will work closely with the management team to help build and maintain a culture that will result in meaningful development plans and programs resulting in higher improvements in employee retention, development, satisfaction and job growth. The ideal candidate will possess an outstanding and proven track record of prior talent management, leadership & management experience, and have very strong business acumen.
The position reports to the CEO and is a member of the company’s executive team
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a recruiting plan to address staffing needs on a timely and proactive basis
- Raise company brand awareness in the employment marketplace and ensure that Bayshore Solutions is an employer of choice
- Recommend market competitive compensation and benefit programs that attract, motivate and retain a diverse workforce that inspires Bayshore Solutions Mission, Vision and Value
Training and Development
- Oversee the onboarding experience
- Oversee training curriculum for new and existing employees; identify opportunities to streamline and improve as circumstances and business needs warrant
- Manage and improve leadership/manager training programs aimed at strengthening leadership and management abilities and how to grow well skilled talent to also become great leaders and mentors, both from technical skills and soft skills to foster a great corporate culture along with strong technical aptitude.
- Identify and monitor KPIs to define and track success of onboarding and training programs
- Manage Professional Development Plans (PDP) and implement meaningful performance management systems and recognition programs that drive organizational results, recognize high performance among employees, and value employee contributions
- Research, identify and recommend resources required to conduct learning solutions, assign specific training activities, or hire appropriate vendors to conduct training
- Assess Company skill needs and assess company talent to those needs. As gaps exist, how to develop internal talent to fill those gaps as well as identify ways to fill those gaps through recruiting or contracting
- Assess company soft skill requirements that make for a great culture for the company outside the technical requirements
- Identifies, implements and manages programs and strategies that foster employee retention yielding lower attrition
- Identifies, implements and manages programs and strategies that foster employee engagement yielding higher productivity and employee satisfaction
- Create and provide management strategies that support workforce flexibility to optimize productivity
- Oversee Bayshore Solutions’ “Culture Committee”
- Demonstrated business acumen skills and understanding of business operations; operational and line position experience a major plus
- Strong objectivity and understanding of the balance and dynamic between customers, coworkers, and company
- Holds self and all others accountable, including leaders
- Ability and proven success in helping evolve organizational culture
- Strong ability to assess talent and attract it to the organization
- Experience with individual and organizational talent training and development systems
- Delivers excellence with results and integrity
- Outstanding relationship skills and deemed as highly trustworthy
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, decisive and flexible; exhibits confidence and maintains composure in the face of adversity or differing opinions
- Excellent computer skills