Dan's Fan City - SEO
- Digital Strategy, Creative & Content
Focusing on the right keywords to increase organic ranks
- Inbound Marketing
Technical SEO improvement yielding incredible results
Dan's Fan City - SEO
Dan’s Fan City launched their new and improved eCommerce website, developed by Bayshore Solutions on the nopCommerce platform, in May 2018. In October 2019, Dan’s Fan City approached Bayshore to help with their SEO as they were experiencing a decline in organic traffic. The Bayshore digital marketing team went into action and set out to create a strategic plan to help improve Dan’s Fan City’s organic rankings, thus increase organic traffic and clicks.
The team’s first tactic was to look at Dan Fan City’s website’s organic search queries. There was an overwhelming amount of data that suggested each location page URL was showing up for a ton of great core keywords, but the pages themselves were failing to rank high enough in the search engine results pages (SERP) to earn a click. Also, when their new website first launched, the location pages had unique URLs but each page was not optimized for each market. After seeing this opportunity, the Bayshore team put together a plan that focused on the optimization of each location page first, since the website acts as a directory for the physical stores.
As part of the exercise, the Bayshore team planned the following location page additions:
- “Ceiling Fan Store” + “Location” keyword optimizations to the on-page meta titles and descriptions for each location.
- A keyword rich description of where and how to reach a given local brick-and-mortar store. This description also featured bulleted sitelinks for the top-level offerings of the website. These bullets also related back to the top-level keyword terms on the site that were seeing high impression value but low click value.
- These unique location pages also helped Dan’s Fan City increase the density of terms like “Ceiling Fans” with modifiers of “Indoor,” “Outdoor” and others.
Along with the above, the Bayshore team began creating keyword-rich blog content for the website that is meant to help with the overall content density on the domain. The chosen content topics are strategized based on the questions the end-user is attempting to answer, general content appetite and the needs of the business.
- 41.26% overall increase in organic sessions YoY
- 369% increase in organic visits to location pages YoY
- 55% increase in “direction to store” clicks YoY
- 399 more organic clicks to the website MoM for the search terms “ceiling fans,” “ceiling fan parts,” “ceiling fans near me” and “ceiling fan store near me”